Pages

Sunday 15 October 2017

PBS Blogging Journey

For day four's first activity I had to find out about life as an ANZAC soldier. I then had to find three interesting facts and say why I found them interesting.

Fact 1 - Fact 3 - Around 44,00 ANZAC soldiers died because they misplaced the area they were meant to land. They landed close to a cliff where the Turkish soldiers were, I found this fact interesting because, one small mistake can have a huge consequence.

Fact 2 -  When the Turkish waved a white flag, they appealed one free day to clean their bodies. I find this interesting because I thought waving a white flag means you surrender.

Fact 3 - NZ Soldiers went to reinforce the Australians and, while they were climbing up the ridge a lot of them were sniped from the enemy soldiers. I found this interesting because, the amount of people and how fast they took down NZ and Australian soldiers with snipers was very shocking.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Oh Hsen,
    Your 3 facts about the ANZAC soldiers were very interesting and I never knew that 4,400 soldiers died because they were misplaced in the area they were meant to land. You clearly explained your facts.

    Keep up the great work!!
    - Zahra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't want to be in the war with that many casualties but I am glad that those days are over and this DLO is a really great way to commemorate those who have died in the war. You're information is really interesting. One of the most interesting facts is the fact that the Turkish men actually took time to clean the dead bodies and I think that shows a lot of respect towards there fallen comrades

    ReplyDelete