Pages

Thursday 14 July 2016

Winter Learning Journey: Olympics

Bonus: This year two sports are being reintroduced into the Olympic Games. They are golf and sevens rugby. Imagine that you worked for TVNZ and you were paid to travel to Rio de Janeiro to attend the Olympic Games and report on the golf and/or the rugby competitions. On your blog, write a poem that describes how you would feel about travelling to Rio. Would you be excited? Would you be scared? How would you feel?

This is the bonus round activity for this activity I had to make a poem on how I would feel going to watch the Olympics.

If I went to go watch the Olympics I would be excited and delighted.
I would like to watch rugby that would make me happy.
I would have a big smile because I haven't travelled in a while.
Watching athletes play an Olympic game is really intense enjoyable.
If I went to Rio I would be stunned but the Olympics will be even more fun.

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, wrote the other comment with a mistake in it. I'll rewrite it here:

    Nice thoughts on your feelings towards travelling to the Rio Olympic Games. Although, according to the original task, it said to write a poem that describes how you would feel about travelling to Rio...but you know, whatever works - you could edit it now to make a poem up but you know, you do you...

    -Willy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, Thanks for telling me I will make a poem as soon as possible

      Delete
  3. Hi Oh Hsen
    It's good to see you participating in the Holiday reading. I liked how you added in emotions in your story. I also liked how you told the audience what you were doing.
    Great Job!
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Oh Hsen, Mia and Willy,

    It's great to see the conversations that are occurring between you guys. Willy, thanks for pointing Oh Hsen in the right direction (re: poem) and Oh Hsen thanks for taking the advice on board and making the changes. That shows great flexibility and an openness to learn and try new things. Way to go!

    Mia - thanks for the lovely positive message that you posted. It is so great to have you all involved. Keep it up!

    Cheers, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Oh Hsen, I like how there are some rhyming words in your poem. It sounds like you are quite good at making up poems unlike myself I am quite bad. Keep the great work and hopefully I see some activities completed by you so I can comment on them. It would be nice if you can comment on some of my activities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi AJ and Oh Hsen,

      AJ - I think that you are underestimating your own ability! It is great to see, however, that you have encouraged Oh Hsen to consider commenting on your activities. That's a great idea! I really hope that you will take up the challenge, Oh Hsen, and comment on AJ's posts.

      Keep up the great work guys!

      Cheers, Rachel :)

      Delete
    2. Sure I will comment on your posts.

      Delete