Pages

Tuesday 28 March 2017

Walking Six Meters Above Ground

My turn came so quickly. As I grabbed on to the rungs chills started coursing up my spine. I started to get goosebumps. When I reached the log I glance at the ground and that’s when my heart was thumping at the speed of light.


I was too scared to take another step forward but I wanted to. Each step across the log made my knees shake faster. Once I got to the end of the log I was told to walk back to the middle. It took me a couple of seconds to start walking. Once I made it halfway I was so exhilarated because I did something I thought I couldn’t do. The instructor complimented me. I then did some dance moves. I did the dab, whip and, ninja kick.

I then went back down. My team cheered me on and was happy for me. I felt like I had achieved something big. I was relieved to be on the ground.

This is a recount on one of our activities. I decided to do the high ropes because I felt like that was the most interesting one. This recount is a snapshot of my favourite part of camp.I had to draft the recount with a friend after I had written it.

No comments:

Post a Comment