Pages

Monday 9 June 2014

Basic facts reflection

In term 1 my score was 48/60 and in term 2 my score was 34/100. I know I am improving on addition because I am getting faster at answering questions on addition. On subtractions I am getting a little faster. I am confused when the numbers turn into teen numbers. It's really hard for me and I have to work on it. On multiplication I know my 5 times tables really well. I am working on my six times tables. I am getting faster and faster but I am still slow. It starts getting hard after 6x4. I am slow on that part. On division I do not know anything it is so difficult for me whenever I learn division I know the answer for a while then I forget the answer. On mixed I get confused on the questions when an addition question comes I get it right then a multiplication comes I always think it is an addition question. My goal is to get better on division by practising. I am going to use the e-ako maths basic facts tools and xtramath to practise online. I can do this at school and at home.  

1 comment:

  1. Excellent reflection on your basic facts learning Oh Hsen. You have worked out what is tricky for you so you know what you need to focus on next. Remember that learning your multiplication facts really well will also help you learn the division facts. For example, if you know that 6 x 4 is 24 you also know that 24 divided by 6 is 4 or 24 divided by 4 is 6.

    ReplyDelete