Pages

Thursday 25 August 2016

Magic Box Poem

Use powerful imagery to write your own ‘Magic Box’ poem that paints a picture in the mind of the readerImage result for the magic box
List





I will put into the box...
The amazing feeling of being able to fly
The shiny spark of gold reflecting in my eyes
The smooth feeling of diamond

I will put into the box...
The cool feeling of raising an iron sword
The feeling hovering over the stormy ocean waves on a hoverboard
The shooting star flashing past my eyes

I will put into the box...
The taste of fresh lemon drink sliding down my throat
The brightest poppy to honour the ANZAC soldiers
The rumbling noise of a dinosaurs rumbling stomach
The feeling of hot chocolate melting in my hands as it shape shifts into a solid chocolate bar

My box is fashioned from platinum sides and steel and edges , with golden coins on the lid and sparkly glitter in the corners.

Its hinges are made out of the strongest metals that you can find on earth



I shall keep adventuring the wild places in my box


This is my poem on my magic box. We had to write three things on three of our list. We had to make it into sentences. To make it sound better we had to use our 5 senses. After that we had to write what our box is made out of.

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous poem Oh Hsen! You have painted a very clear picture with your words. I really like the way you tell us as readers that you will 'keep adventuring the wild places in my box'. It made me think about where you might go next :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback Mrs Anderson, I really appreciate it. I really had fun writing the sentences for the Magic Box Poem.

      Delete