Pages

Friday 8 May 2015

Zoo trip

Screenshot 2015-05-08 at 2.04.23 PM.png
Zoo trip

On 7th may 2015 the school went to the Auckland Zoo accept the year 7&8. We got to the Zoo by a bus. First we got to see the tigers one tiger was in the house he was walking around I was surprised because it was the first time I saw a tiger. We had to write information about the animal in our booklet. Then we go to see an ostrich and a wallaby I was not sure if it was a kangaroo. After we went to see the parrots we had to go into a cage one group at a time and you have to close the first door then open the other door that is how you get pass. The parrots were shouting really loud. Everyone was tired we had morning tea for 20 minutes. After that we had to go and see the other animals we got to see a tarantula I was freaked out it was my first time seeing a spider. After I started running to see the other animal. The next animal was a siamang there were 2 siamangs one siamang was climbing and the other one was shouting. I got a bit bored and we moved to the other animal it was tigers the zoo keeper said that they like different smells. After we went to see the elephant I learnt a lot about elephant They can cool themselves by flapping their ears. The elephant's name is Burma. The Auckland Zoo is going to get a new elephant it’s name is Angelica. After we went to see the ostrich I saw saw the ostrich poop it was funny. Finally we get to do something fun we got to try the meerkat tunel. We had to go one group at a time We got a closer look at the meerkats. It was fun because we had to crawl and it was kind of like a maze Also we got to climb ladders. When I made it to the end I was really tired. After everyone had a turn we went back. IT WAS A GREAT DAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment